Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Independence!

I have always been a firm believer in teaching my children some sort of independence from early on. My parents taught it to my siblings and I, and I thought we are stronger for it. So my big starting point was allowing my children to feed themselves. I started with Macey when she started eating table food and any of my friends know what a disaster that could be. She was usually covered in all sorts of messes and required a bath and change of clothes after meals. Well, we have started again.
Jake has been feeding himself for awhile now, but just recently figured out how to rub it in his hair. Good times!
We do a lot of laundry in our house and a lot of wipe downs or baths, but to this day, I rarely ever have to feed Macey and I think that Jake is headed down that same path. Yay for independence!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love the eating hair style!!! Food is such a good hair gel!